Attorney Anthony Naro is a senior attorney at Bernazzani Law. His practice is focused on criminal defense, Supreme Court appeals, and family law. He also represents clients facing disciplinary action before professional boards for alleged criminal conduct and people who have been found responsible for abuse and neglect by DCYF and wish to pursue an administrative appeal. Attorney Naro has more than 12 years of experience helping those in crisis navigate the legal system.
Attorney Naro graduated magna cum laude from the University of Massachusetts–Boston with a major in political science with a certification in international relations and a minor in Black studies. After college, Attorney Naro worked for Brown Brothers Harriman before attending Suffolk University Law School, where he graduated fifth in his class.
Shortly thereafter, Attorney Naro joined the New Hampshire Public Defender. There he successfully represented individuals charged with offenses ranging from DUI/DWI, theft, drug sales, physical and sexual assaults, computer crimes, sale of drugs with death-resulting, negligent homicide, manslaughter, attempted murder, second-degree murder, and first-degree murder.
In addition to Attorney Naro’s extensive trial experience, he has also successfully represented clients before the New Hampshire Supreme Court on appeal and in post-conviction proceedings.
Attorney Naro believes in providing client-centered representation where the client’s legal and non-legal goals are the focus of representation. Attorney Naro will use his expertise to help you identify your needs and goals, and then take the appropriate and necessary steps to achieve those goals. Attorney Naro’s extensive trial experience and commitment to client-centered representation ensures that his clients, whether accused of a crime or facing a contentious divorce or child custody battle, feel supported and confident in court.
Attorney Naro is licensed to practice in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. He is an active member of the New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and has lectured and trained attorneys in the areas of criminal procedure, trial practice, and ethics.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- New Hampshire
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Massachusetts–Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, B.A. magna cum laude
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association - Appellate Law Section
Continuing Legal Education Presentations
- “Special Topics in Scientific and Expert Testimony: Biomechanics and Arson,” New Hampshire Public Defender Training, September 5, 2014.
- “Candor to the Tribunal: The Balance Between Being An Advocate and Officer of the Court,” New Hampshire Public Defender and New Hampshire Contract Attorney Training, May 8, 2015.
- “Ethical Issues in Domestic Violence Practice,” New Hampshire Public Defender and New Hampshire Contract Attorney Training, May 12, 2017.
- “Identifying and Responding to Prosecutorial Misconduct,” New Hampshire Public Defender and New Hampshire Contract Attorney Training, May 10, 2019.
- "Appellate Defender Update," New Hampshire Public Defender and New Hampshire Contract Attorney Training, April 17, 2020.
- New Hampshire Public Defender - New Lawyer Training. Probable Cause Hearings and Practice, September 11, 2014
- New Hampshire Public Defender - New Lawyer Training. Probable Cause Hearings and Practice, September 22, 2015
- New Hampshire Public Defender - New Lawyer Training. Nuts and Bolts: Plea Colloquies, Suspended and Deferred Sentences, and Probable Cause Hearings, September 6, 2016.
- New Hampshire Public Defender - New Lawyer Training. Search and Seizure, September 13, 2016.
- New Hampshire Public Defender - New Lawyer Training. Search and Seizure, August 31, 2017
- New Hampshire Public Defender – New Lawyer Training, Caseload Management, February 16, 2018
- New Hampshire Public Defender – New Lawyer Training, Caseload Management, February 15, 2019
- New Hampshire Public Defender - New Lawyer Training. Search and Seizure, September 3, 2019.
- Friends of the New Hampshire Drug Courts, Board Member (2021-present).
- New Hampshire Attorney Discipline System Hearings Committee (2020)
- Elected Brookline Town Meeting Member (2017-2019).
- Appointed Member of the Brookline Commission for Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Relations (formerly the Human Relations and Youth Resources Commission) (2014-2018).
- Brookline Immigration Policy Working Group - Chair (2018).
- Brookline Police Chief Hiring Committee (2018).
- Suffolk University Law School Mentor Program (2011-2013).
- "Do the Write Thing" Committee (2011-2013).
Local News Publications