Annulment Lawyers in Nashua
Resolving Annulment Issues for Nashua Residents
Issues regarding the legal validity of a marriage can affect whether you should get a divorce or an annulment. However, dealing with the legal apparatus for obtaining an annulment in New Hampshire can be challenging. As a result, you should retain the services of a professional annulment attorney in Nashua for legal advice regarding marriage validity and separation issues.
At Bernazzani Law, our legal team has decades of combined legal experience in family law matters, including annulments. Nashua residents and their families can count on us to deliver compassionate legal representation to help ensure their legal rights are given the respect and recognition they deserve.
For more information about your legal rights in an annulment case, call our office today at (603) 261-2214.
Grounds for Annulment in New Hampshire
An annulment is a legally distinct proceeding for terminating a purported marriage. In many states, an annulment is the name of the legal proceeding for ending a void marriage.
Under New Hampshire law, void marriages never carried legal effect. Annulment procedures in New Hampshire are only available to the parties in a voidable marriage.
Grounds for annulment in NH include:
- An underage party getting married: Marriages involving an underage party who was over a certain age are voidable under New Hampshire law.
- Fraud used to obtain the marriage: When the parties agreed to get married based off of fraudulent misrepresentations affecting an essential aspect of the marriage, legal relief through annulment proceedings may be available.
- Insanity at the time of marriage: Annulment relief is available to an injured party who was involved in a marriage where one spouse was insane at the time of marriage, and the other party was unaware of such insanity.
At Bernazzani Law, our legal team has the training and extensive legal knowledge necessary to help guide you through issues regarding annulment proceedings. We can also help with the following related issues:
- Alimony: Although alimony is technically reserved for valid marriages, a party may have a right to spousal support in certain annulment situations.
- Issues regarding minor children: Annulments might trigger legitimacy issues regarding children born in an invalid marriage. We can guide you through legitimacy issues as they relate to void marriages.
Contact Bernazzani Law for Quality Legal Counsel
If you need help navigating the complexities of New Hampshire matrimonial and domestic relationships law—particularly when it comes to annulments—you should seek the legal advice of an experienced Nashua annulment attorney. At Bernazzani Law, our legal team has years of legal experience regarding matters such as void marriages and annulments. We are committed to helping you find an effective and fair resolution to your legal concerns regarding annulments.
For a free initial consultation with one of our Nashua annulment attorneys, call Bernazzani Law at (603) 261-2214 or contact us online today.
Some attorneys portray themselves as bulldogs. However, being overly aggressive is not always effective. When a fight is necessary, we fight. But when it is clear that a negotiated or mediated solution can yield better results — and the client wants this — we do not hesitate to follow the more fruitful path.
This is another way of saying "we've got your back." Retain our firm, and we will advocate for you in the strongest possible manner. We are dedicated to helping you and your family.
Our training and experience as mediators, negotiators and litigators give us a full suite of options to bring to your legal problem. Whether a court fight or a mutually agreeable solution is in your best interest, we are flexible enough to serve you. We make ourselves available by email, phone and through our helpful and competent staff.
We listen to our clients, and we relate to their problems — always providing clients, and their concerns, the time and attention required. We believe that understanding our clients is vital to helping them resolve those problems.