Fighting to Protect Your Rights and Freedom
DWIs, also known as DUIs or OUIs, are not taken lightly. If you were arrested for this offense, you are likely feeling overwhelmed and apprehensive about the future. While many may often feel resigned to defeat, it is crucial to hire skilled legal representation as soon as possible to ensure the best results for your case. At Bernazzani Law in Nashua, our DWI attorneys are committed to aggressively advocating on behalf of those we serve. You can rely on our team to fight to protect your future.
Reach out to our criminal defense team today at (603) 261-2214 for a free initial consultation with a member of our team to get started on your case.
DWI Penalties in New Hampshire
Depending on the number of offenses you have on your record, the penalties associated with a DWI conviction may vary substantially.
Below are the penalties you may experience for a first, second, and third DWI offense:
- First Offense: For a first offense, you may owe a fine up to $1,200 and a license suspension between 9 months and 2 years.
- First Offense – Under 21: For a first offense, you may owe a fine up to $1,200 and a mandatory license suspension of 1 year and up to 2 years.
- Second Offense: For a second offense, will face a mandatory jail sentence as well as a maximum sentence of a year in jail and a fine up to $2,000. You will also have your license suspended for a mandatory minimum 3 years and have to undergo mandatory treatment.
- Third Offense: For a third offense, you will face a mandatory sentence of 180 days in jail as well as a maximum sentence of a year in jail. You will also receive a lifetime license revocation and have to undergo mandatory treatment.
A judge may suspend a portion of the jail sentence and place the offender on probation for up to 2 years. However, while on probation, you must complete an alcohol and drug evaluation and the Impaired Driver Care Management Program (IDCMP).
Before receiving a suspended jail sentence, you must first serve at least:
- 5 days for a second offense DWI
- 14 days for a second offense DWI if your prior offense was within the past 2 years
- 30 days for a third offense DWI
If convicted of an aggravated DWI, you may face even steeper penalties. Below are some examples of accompanying factors that may elevate your DWI to an aggravated DWI:
- You were speeding 30 mph or more over the posted limit
- You caused an accident that resulted in serious bodily injuries
- You tried to evade law enforcement
- You had a BAC of .16% or more
- You had a passenger under the age of 16
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Criminal Defense Attorney in Nashua Today!
If you are facing DWI charges, do not hesitate to call the criminal defense team at Bernazzani Law in Nashua. We know how stressful this situation must be for you and will provide the strong legal support you need to get through it.
Call us at (603) 261-2214 to schedule a free initial consultation with a member of our team.
Some attorneys portray themselves as bulldogs. However, being overly aggressive is not always effective. When a fight is necessary, we fight. But when it is clear that a negotiated or mediated solution can yield better results — and the client wants this — we do not hesitate to follow the more fruitful path.
This is another way of saying "we've got your back." Retain our firm, and we will advocate for you in the strongest possible manner. We are dedicated to helping you and your family.
Our training and experience as mediators, negotiators and litigators give us a full suite of options to bring to your legal problem. Whether a court fight or a mutually agreeable solution is in your best interest, we are flexible enough to serve you. We make ourselves available by email, phone and through our helpful and competent staff.
We listen to our clients, and we relate to their problems — always providing clients, and their concerns, the time and attention required. We believe that understanding our clients is vital to helping them resolve those problems.